Monday, August 30, 2010

Successful Showing!!!

My first solo or any art show is now over and I have to say I think it was very successful! At the opening night we have over 200 people show up to see what I have been doing over the summer, along with other work from over the years. It was an amazing experience. I was so amazed of all the people that came out and wanted to see what I had done and my art. I can't describe how it felt in words. It was an amazing night to say the least. I got to meet all kinds of people and talk with them about my art and what I am hoping to get a cross when the viewer looks at my work (if you want to know more about this please read this article by Cindy Landrum: http://www.journalwatchdog.com/spartanburg/782-hes-the-man-in-the-mirror). I also really liked the comments that people made about my artwork and how much they liked it and what they felt about it. They were all positive comments and one negative one. We wont go there. However, it was a lot of work, did I say a LOT! I never knew how hard it would be to have a solo show and putting it together. I had some help along the way with my family, Nodine and others. I can't say "thank you" enough to these people.

Here are some pictures of the exhibition.













No comments:

Post a Comment