Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Solo show.

Less than a week before I have my first solo show!!! I'm so excited about it and can't wait until the opening night, which is the 19th of August. I have been working so hard the past couple of weeks getting this show together. I never knew how much work it took to get a art show together, especially when you are doing a lot of it by yourself, like framing and hanging the show etc... However, I have had a hand full of people that has help a whole lot during the past few weeks. First of all is Jane Nodine, who is one of my professors at USC Upstate. She has helped so much with promoting the show by making a announcement to be sent to everyone via e-mail and the mail to contacting Tammy Whaley at school to have a press release about the show. That's the other person that has helped a lot with the promo of the show. She wrote the press release and contacted the local newspaper about the show and Cindy Landrum who wrote an article in the Spartanburg Journal. It has been a lot of work but it will all pay off in the long run. Ohhh last but not least certainly the most important is my family has helped me the most throughout the years for supporting and encouraging me with my art. I guess if they wouldn't have celebrated my art before then you probably wouldn't be reading this right now. So, thanks mom, dad, Matt, Ashley, grandma and grandpa for pushing me to this point.

If you would like to come the show will run August 15-29 at the West Main Artist Co-op in downtown Spartanburg. The opening reception is on the 19th from 5:30-9:00pm. The Co-op is located at 578 W. Main St, Spartanburg, SC 29301.

No comments:

Post a Comment