Thursday, July 8, 2010

I'm making myself into a rug.

I guess this idea is very much like the "Falling Into Pieces" work. Where I'm wanting to blend into the surroundings and seem like I wasn't there. I first got the idea to do a rug be buying one of those cheesy latch hook rugs in Wal-mart for 2 dollars and made that little rug with the sun shine and rainbow. Then I went looking at Hobby-Lobby one day and saw the material for one of these rugs but you could make up your own design on it, and they even had the yarn already cut into little piece and like 50 colors! So I decided to create my own shag rug with this latch hook thing. The picture is of a side profile of be looking the viewer straight in the eyes as if I was look directly at them. I'm wanted the view to be active in the work and react to it be doing this. It has a large paint splatter over the top half of the work signifying them stuff that people has thrown on me and also as a literal sense in that someone might spill a drink or wine on the carpet. So this is the beginning stages of the rug.

Drawn out on tracing paper:



Drawing out on a LARGE piece of paper:



Transferred onto the rug material:

No comments:

Post a Comment